The Best Healthy Paleo Waffle Recipe
Happy weekend! One of my favorite traditions is to make weekend brunch at home. It’s my favorite meal of the week! It’s a great time to come together as a family. As we’re living through unprecedented times, and physically distancing ourselves at home, we’re choosing to make some of our favorite meals even more often than usual. For us, that means enjoying this amazing healthy paleo waffle recipe. It’s a way that we can bring some joy into our day. And while we’re ‘treating’ ourselves, we’re also focused on nourishing our bodies with healthy foods. Thankfully these waffles do both– they bring us joy & they are nutritious.
These waffles may be healthy & grain free, but they also happen to be fluffy & delicious! We’ve made them for gluten-eating family & friends, and they agree too… they taste even better than traditional (gluten-filled) waffles. And did I mention that they’re easy to make too? All the ingredients are mixed in a high-speed blender, so you just have one thing to wash afterwards.
It shouldn’t be a secret… These waffles are delicious, they just happen to be paleo, grain-free and gluten-free!
X No Grains
X No Gluten
X No refined sugar
X No dairy
X No canola/soybean/veg oil
The Best Healthy Paleo Waffles Recipe (grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and delicious)
- Waffle Iron
- High Speed Blender
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk -- I like Califia brand
- 1 tbsp honey -- optional, but waffles get a nice golden color in the waffle iron when you use honey
- 6 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat your waffle iron on a LOW setting.
- Put all the ingredients in a high-speed blender in the order listed above (wet ingredients on the bottom) as it helps the ingredients blend together well.
- Blend until the batter is completely smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides to ensure the coconut and arrowroot flours get mixed in well.
- Let your batter sit for a few minutes while you lightly oil both sides of your waffle iron. (I like to use a bit of avocado oil to ensure the waffles don't stick.)
- Pour the batter from your blender jar into your waffle iron-- Fill your waffle iron approx halfway, and be careful not to overfill as the waffles expand while cooking.
- Cook your waffles approx 2 minutes (or less) until steam stops rising from your waffle iron. (Cooking time will vary depending on your waffle iron. Waffles take about 2 mintutes in my All-Clad belgian waffle iron on low heat setting 1-2.)
- Enjoy! Serve with you favorite toppings. Our family enjoys having our waffles with maple syrup, coconut milk kefir, and berries.
Ingredients for the best healthy paleo waffles
These ingredients are staples in my home, and during normal times I buy many of them from Costco. To stock your pantry, consider shopping online from places like Amazon and naturamarket.ca. Fill your virtual cart with Chosen Foods Avocado Oil, coconut flour, almond flour, and arrowroot flour… and wait for it to arrive at your door. If there was ever a time that I’m grateful for delivery services, it’s right now!
I’d love to hear from you. What’s you favourite way to enjoy this healthy paleo waffle recipe? What are your favourite toppings?